“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Hunger Games Chariot Costume

Hey Guyz!!!! I'm one of the many (awesome) contributers and this is my FIRST post!! OMG yay!!
OK let's get down to business!! I'm obsessed with THG and I saw the movie and one thing there was a lot of argument about was... Datada the "Girl Of Fire" dress!  The first one for the chariot ride.  I thought......................... It was...........................OK.  I mean in the book it's described amazingly and *SPOILER ALERT!* I think it's really important symbolism for when she starts the revolution in the rest of the triology. I want opinions on the dress guys! Anyways I have the quote's describing the dress "A few hours later, I am dressed in what will either be the most sensational or the deadliest costume in the opening ceremonies. I'm in a simple black unitard that covers me from ankle to neck. Shiny leather boots lace up to my knees. But it's the fluttering cape made of streams of orange, yellow, and red and the matching head piece that define our costume. Cinna plans to light them on fire just before out chariot rolls into the streets." Page 67 Paragraph 2 The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

Signing Out,
Good Bye Plzzzzz gimme ur opinion!!!!

3 comments:

  1. The dress in the movie looked very fake - the fire wasn't realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the fire didn't look as real as I'd hoped and I was dissapointed with the actual costumes...especially Katniss's hair....it was extrmely weird....

      Delete
    2. Yeah I agree anonymous thank you for posting you're opinion! We really apprecitate out followers and hope you check us out a lot!!!!!
      <3 Mari

      Delete

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...